Sunday, September 17, 2017

Woke Up this Morning

I woke up this morning with the sniffles, but I woke up. I went to my monthly writers' meeting yesterday and the room that we met in was freezing. I was shivering the whole time. Brr-rr-r!
So, I was not surprised this morning to wake up with the sniffles. Oh well, honey and lemon and chicken noodle soup should do the job. I am getting ready to prepare some of my potato soup and cornbread for dinner for delivery to elderly an evangelist. This is a little something that I can do.

I was gifted life again this morning
And I want to use well this new day
I want to do better the things that
I attempted or thought about on yesterday.

About the long past of mine that trails
Behind me far and wide, there is nothing
That I can do except to ask forgiveness
For my wrongs and work on making better strides
Toward getting to my new abode on the other side.

I have been gifted another rising of the sun
And I want to make my Lord proud, at
The end of the day, of the things that I have done.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones (Grammy Alma)


Thought to Remember: 
  1. God sees; He knows and He cares! Remember Romans 8:31, "If God be for us, then who or what can be against us?"
  2. This Sunday morning let your heart be not troubled and burdened down with care. Go to worship today and leave your cares and concerns there.
  3. Worry less and pray more!

No comments: