Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Who Knew?

Good morning. I was thinking back to 2011 when I  started on what would be a writing journey for me. This, as I look back, was one of those pivotal points that I talked about in my life that I can see clearly now. Read the poem, and then I will finish this blog for today with a sentence or two.

Life has so many twists and turns
It seems there is ever a lesson that
Must be learned
Case in point, this book in which I am writing
Is from a store that I didn’t’ even find inviting.

But the family wanted to go into the bookstore
And as I was along for the ride…
I had planned to wait in the car but
The heat soon drove me inside, so
With a sour attitude, I was aimlessly perusing the aisles
When I saw this book on the shelf 
With a unique covering style.

The covering looked like leather that
Looked to be soothing to the touch
So curious, I rubbed my hand over the
Jacket, not expecting much.

The cover was so soft and smooth
And attached to a spongy back
That I never even considered leaving
The book on the rack.



When I opened to the pages, and they felt like silk
I wondered how writing in it would feel…
I picked up some more journals to see if
There were others with pages of the same ilk.

There were not. So, to me, this journal was special
Didn’t know what it was about the book
That made me itch to own it
But obtaining that log was a process I undertook!

All in all, I bought the book, and it is a part of me
And now I am writing a poem from it
For all the world to see.

Who knew that when I went to the bookstore
With a sour attitude
That I would find a treasure within
That would affect a change of such magnitude?

Now, all because of a smooth paged journal, I
Watch the world through a different view

Well, tell me something…who knew, did you?

As you can see from reading the poem, I had no intention of getting a journal nor of writing in one. As a matter of fact, I had no intention of even entering the bookstore. Bookstores were a haunt of my daughter's not me. 
  • Going into the store led to my buying a journal
  • which led to my writing things in it
  • which led to poetry being drawn from the pages
  • which led to several poetry books being penned
  • which led to a ladies inspiration book, Chopping My Row
  • which is leading me to a season of blessings.
Only God knew! Wow, He works things out according to His will, even with us pulling back and squawking all of the way. I am thankful that He is faithful and does not give up on me, but molds and prods me as I need it.

Points to Ponder
  1. Is the article appropriately titled? Why or why not?
  2. Why is there one line in bold print?
  3. Why is a portion of the line in bold print highlighted? Any significance to the color? What?
(Answers presented on Friday.)

No comments: