Thursday, September 21, 2017

With Hopeful Wonder

Good morning! A glorious day it is. We woke up. God is good. Before I go further with the blog for the day, I do want to thank you for your generous approval of the poem that I posted yesterday. Your generosity is humbling and exhilarating at the same time. Now your poem for the day.

With wonder, I look back upon
The path that was laid out for me
And see that every crook and turn
That I traversed was a crook and
A turn that was meant to be.

I stand where I am and peruse
The path over which I have trod
And give grateful praise to my God
Who has given me strength to
Follow the path ordained for me
As I turn forward and continue on my journey.

Full of determination and of hope
And knowing from my past that whatever
Situations should arise, they will be
Situations with which I can cope.

You see, shouting time is on its way
For this little nobody who loves her Lord
Blessings are forthcoming, folks and
Their arrival is heralded by precursors
Of joy, hope and gladness to let
Me know that the cavalry has been victorious
And celebrations are in order, for the day
Of victorious deliverance has come
And happiness galore has been won.

Poetry Points to Ponder
1.     What is the theme of this poem?
2.     Give it an appropriate title. Explain your choice.

3.     Do you think that life has been easy for the speaker in the poem? Substantiate.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones (Grammy Alma)

No comments: