Tuesday, September 19, 2017

My Time



Good morning! It is harvest time soon 
And a plentiful yield it will be
If you don't believe me 
Just you wait and see

Have been traveling a long while
Sometimes with a frown and 
Sometimes with a smile.

But always filled with a hope
That refused to die
No matter what the seasons
And the years would betide
No matter the tears that fell
From my weary eyes.

Hope kept languishing upon my brow
Until no truer words could be spoken
"It is my time now."

********


The days of listening to naysayers 
Are all done and gone
For she has broken out of her shell
And her true colors have shown.

Knew she had it in her all of the time
She just had to have her confidence built
And  now she walks with assurance
Because it has been decreed that
"To blossom and shine, this is her time."

"Now mind you, meddle not with her
For I told you long ago that she was mine
She has been faithful in serving me 
No matter what came her way
Hats off to My servant, Alma
Her season of blessings begins today."

Thank You, Father, for allowing your favor to rest on me.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones (Grammy Alma)

Answers to yesterday's Poetry Pondering will be supplied at the end of the week to provide ample time for those who choose to send me answers to the questions posed.

No comments: