Friday, August 11, 2017

Who Holds Me Fast or Just Because

Good morning. I don't have to ask you if you have been before the Lord in prayer this morning because, by now, you know that is the thing to do. Go to Him in praise, thanksgiving, and supplication at the beginning of each day so that you can have a faithful traveling companion throughout the miles of your day. Enjoy, be inspired and be blessed by this poem that I wrote for you this Friday morning.

I know that the storms will come
But I know that they will not last
Because of the power of the One
Who has always held me fast.

Whatever the storm that is in your path
Just give it to the Lord and know that
No storm, no matter how strong
Can withstand His power blast
Nor rise against His wrath
When He is stirred up on 
His crying and trusting children's behalf.  

Though I may weep and though I may sigh
I know that I am the child of
An omnipotent Father, Who  
Does not want to see me cry
And Who will gather me into
His arms for He is always nigh.

So blasting wind and sea waters high
My Father can tell you to subside
Because I, His precious child, with tear stained eyes
Looks to Him for help no matter what betides.


So, this child of His will not be bothered 
By the storms that come upon me, just because
My Father is
And by Him, I live
Just because.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: