Saturday, August 12, 2017

Hold On

Good morning. Have done my praying and on my way to having a bite to eat. I wanted to leave you with these words.

Hold On

Sometimes you have to be still
Hold on and wait
When the storm is tossing you
You have to hold on and know that 
He will bring you through
And as I have said in a previous poem before
Guide you to a blessed and peaceful shore.

********

Some Storms

There are some storms that have made 
Me wonder what was going to become of me
But during those times I have had no other option
But just to wait and see.

Any you know what I saw from the midst of my calamity
I saw a warrior God fighting nigh
Whipping my enemies for making me cry
As He enforced stalwart protection of me.

********

It’s a Wrap…


A tiny pebble was tossed into a dry season riverbed
As it lay there unmoving day by day
The rainy season returned with its plenteous deluge
And the headwaters of the river grew as with raindrops
Aplenty it was fed.

The headwaters became a rushing mighty torrent
And swept all on its path toward the river’s mouth
To meet the ocean’s mighty current.

The pebble had been worn smooth
 By the mighty headwater’s toss
And came forth a polished stone with a gloss
To travel with the ocean, the whole world around
Until it was deposited upon a distant shore
And by a collector, at last, was found.

It was taken home and put among the finder’s rare baubles
That had been discovered of old
Well, wouldn’t you know it, that shiny pebble
Turned out to be genuine gold.
(excerpt from W.O.W. created w.o.w.)

********

You and Me


The only thing I know is that
I have put all trust in You
I am counting on You, Jesus
To always see me through.

Most of my life, or as far back
As I can remember
It’s been You and me
Against the rest of the world
So, I will be resolute and valiant
And keep stepping on though
The enemy’s darts, at me, are hurled.

Have found that in some situations
I am as dumb as a box of rocks
Yet, like a well-programmed automaton
I keep stepping on, in
Spite of life’s hard knocks!

For one day, can say with the saints of old
Hallelujah, been tried by the fire
And by the grace of GOD
Have come through as pure gold! 
(excerpt from W.O.W. created w.o.w.)

********

Pain and Confusion

Peace in the midst of pain and confusion
Is a gift straight from God
So, don't be under any delusion...
That He attends to the needs of His children
Should be your only conclusion.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: