Monday, August 14, 2017

To God Be the Glory

Good morning, all. If we just take a good look around us and a good look back through our lives, we can see the glory of God. I see it in so many things, the inception of life of what will be a baby, the walk of a baby that is learning to toddle, the gait of a man that is strong and sure, the faltering steps of an elderly person as the season of life draws to a close, the colors of the rainbow that show through prisms of light, the colors of the rainbow that can be seen on a fish's fins, the glorious rising of the sun to its zenith to the slow going down in the evening, the shades of green in the various grasses and trees that continue from season to season and from year to year, the caterpillars that morph into butterflies and are no longer earthbound, the rainbow that can often be seen above a giant waterfall, etc.
     There was no need for me to present all of the ways that the glory of the Lord can be seen because there would not be enough ink to do so if the truth were told. Each of you, no doubt, have ways that you have experienced the glory of the Lord in your life, too. In all of our ways, let us acknowledge Him and His glory and be thankful. Our God is worthy of praise for the things that He has done. I have been singing a song all week long about the the glory of God and how I am whatever I am because of Him.
     One day my stepping days will be over, my sun will have gone down for the last time, earthly trees and seasons will be replaced by the splendid view of the tree of life, the promise of the rainbow will be lived forever, and like the caterpillar, I will no longer be earthbound. I will get to behold the glory of my Father in actuality in that celestial city talked about of old. Y'all, won't it be wonderful? To God be the glory!

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones




No comments: