Sunday, August 13, 2017

This Present Moment/This Sunday Morning

Good morning! I am joyous today. Why? You know me well enough by now to know that I believe that He loves me, and therefore I am happy because I know that He has me in His omnipotent sight. I get an exhilarating joy in the knowledge of His love, care, and protection for me.  Yep, I am joyous today in this present moment. From my last book, Chopping My Row, the grass is still growing from season to season, and I know that as long as that happens, my Father is in control.
     So, having said that, I am going to sing and sing and sing in my present moments while I have a chance. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I do know, as the old song says, Who holds all of my tomorrows. You go to worship today and give Him some praise and thanks for His goodness. I am going to, as well and I am glad about it!

Though man teaches hatred and
Kills one another in the streets
I will not allow this doctrine of hatred
To my Christian joy defeat.

I so hate it when lives are ruthlessly cut short
And grieve for the families of the victims of hate
But the Bible has already told us that 
Children will learn what they live
So knowing what some children are taught
On a regular basis lets me know not
To be surprised by the hatred between races.

But I am going to worship as fast as I can 
And I am going to sing to my Father and
Ask His healing upon this world, our land.

That means you, whether you are yellow, white or black
I will ask my God to deliver us all from the
Hearts that have been taught to hate all
Races that have physical characteristics 
That another race lacks.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because He Has Taught Me to Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

I do have one question, though, "Why are racial fires being fanned at this particular time?" Join me in praying for peace this Sunday morning.

No comments: