Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A Molecule

Good morning! Hallelujah and praise God! He woke me up this morning, and I am thankful. As I contemplate the beginning of this day, I think of the things that I can do to give Him glory on my way. All of the glory already belongs to Him, so I will just lift my voice along with the throng and say, "Thank You, Lord, You are worthy to be praised!"
     He is, you know. I mean worthy to be praised. Here is a quick reference point. What is a molecule? I know that most of you have heard of that thing somewhere in some classroom or read about it in some science book. Uhm, hmm-m, well did you remember what it was? Oh, not sure? That's okay; look it up, I'll wait... So, what did you find? Here is what the dictionary says that it is:
 "A tiny or a very small piece (of something). (biology or biochemistry) An extremely small particle or substance, especially at cellular or structural level, as a biomolecule. (physics and chemistry) The smallest unit of an element or compound, made up of two or more atoms held together by strong chemical bond."

Molecules are organic or inorganic. For our purposes here today I am referring to the organic molecule which is:
1. A molecule that is normally found in or produced by living systems.2. A molecule that typically consists of carbon atoms in rings or long chains, where other atoms (e.g. hydrogenoxygen, and nitrogen) are attached.

These molecules share common characteristics. In general, they are capable of forming stable covalent bonds with one another making them excellent at forming unique structures, and the reason why there are so many carbon compounds. The neutral organic compoundsalso tend to be less soluble in water compared with some inorganic saltsOrganic compounds tend to dissolve in solvents that are also organic, such as ethyl alcohol.
 Did you begin to digest the fact that the God that we know and serve is a Scientist? As you read the definition of "molecule," if you are like most folks, you were scratching your head and frowning in perplexion, at some point. The God that we serve put together inorganic molecules and made them live in you and me. Though we are made of dust, the dust never gets confused and has a toe come out as a rock or a tree branch. Whew! That makes even my brain grow dendrites or grow brain cells. Wow, wow, wow! To God be the glory! And just think, as great as He is and as powerful as He is, He is mindful of a tiny speck of dust like you and me. Humbling isn't it? I know... To our Father be all the glory for the things that He has done, is doing and will do!

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

Our God is All Things to all things:  Scientist, Biochemist, Engineer, Doctor, etc. for He is Omnipotent.

No comments: