Saturday, August 5, 2017

The Mantle I Wear

 Good morning. I have a brief poem for you today. I hope that you will enjoy it.


The Coat I Wear

The coat that you see me wear
Is one that my Jesus fashioned
And I wear it with pride and
Display its colors with passion.

The coat that you see me wear
Is one that my Jesus made
It tells you something about my life
And the price for me He paid.

Who will don the mantle
When my time for wearing will be o'er
Who will be the worthy one
To wear the mantle that I wore
And continue on with the tasks begun?

I have duties aplenty for
I do not carry an easy load
Who dares to step up to the plate
Who wants to take charge
Of this responsibility that is large?


I wrote the last two verses of the poem above this morning so that I can use the poem in a September 9th speaking engagement for youth. These verses remind us all of the responsibility that we all play in the lives of children who will grow up to be the caretakers of tomorrow.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones


No comments: