Sunday, August 6, 2017

Batten Down the Hatches

Good morning, precious.
     "Batten down the hatches." Do you know what this phrase means? A nautical term that means to prepare for stormy weather: used as a command. To prepare to meet an emergency or face a great difficulty:
      Do you know the best way for a child of God to do this? Always stay in a state of readiness by praying and studying so that there is no need to scurry and try to make ready for the approaching storm. You need to remember that not all storms herald their approach. Some storms announce their arrival when they hit you the first time.
     This is a lesson (taken from my latest book for ladies' classes, Chopping My Row) that I will be doing on August 19 at the Madison St. Church of Christ for their Ladies' Day. All of us can benefit from a good lesson on storms. Come on out and be encouraged and inspired. Registration begins at 9, and the program starts at 10.
     In the meantime, you stay prayed up and spiritually fed by reading your Bible and attending your local worship services. That is what I plan to do as I continue to make my preparations for this upcoming speaking engagement and for my departure, at some point,  to that other shore. Be blessed.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones
Motivational Speaker, Author/Poet

(If you would like to have me to speak for your event, then give me a shout out. I would be honored to accommodate you.)
Email me at:  alma2011jones@gmail.com

No comments: