Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Women of Work!

Good morning! I am up and at my blogging again, and I have already begun my day with prayer, you, too? If you have not, then you can pause and get your praying time in now. Yes, through whatever it is that you are doing you can still be praying. I know because I often pray while walking down the street, driving in my car, preparing my dinner, etc. You can pray anytime and anyplace, even if it is nothing but a quick, "Thank You, Lord." Just thought that I would through that out in passing.
     Remember that I told you that I will be speaking at a Ladies' Day in Lexington, TN this Saturday? And you remember how I said in, W.O.W. created w.o.w., that I wanted to ignite a fire under each lady that I meet or speak to so that that fire could be spread to others, right? Well, this morning as I was praying, it came to me that I was doing just that each time I spoke to a group of ladies at a ladies' day. Look at what awed me this morning during my time with my Lord in prayer. In the book mentioned above, W.O.W. created w.o.w., the initials in the first "W.O.W." stand for WORKER OF WONDERS, which of course means God. The second "w.o.w." stand for a woman of work. I have to tell you that I can be awed by the simplest of things as well as complex things. This morning I am awed by the simple. Look at this book title again. It says that the Lord created in me a woman of work and I, if I do His will in speaking at ladies' days, will inspire some others to the extent that they will talk about Him and the ones that they talk to will talk about Him and so on and so forth. But look at what has happened. My telling one or some women has caused that thing to grow or multiply. If that one tells someone with enough conviction and that someone(s) tell it, as well, we have a pyramid, but in a good way. Now the title of the book could be WORKER OF WONDERS created women of work.
     Oh, how blessed we are to deliver just a tiny spark of His love. One spark does not a fire make, but one spark fanned can begin a movement that will set this world ablaze for and by the love of my Father. To God be the glory!

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

Chopping My Row as I labor to create 
Other "women of work" for the Lord 
Hmm-m, these two books seeming to be tied 
Together as a part of the work that I have tried
To accomplish in my zeal to please Him
Makes me wonder if these two are prelims.

No comments: