Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Working Toward and Waiting For."

Hello, everyone.  It is the day after the 4th of July, and I am thankful to see another one. The family and I enjoyed our traditional feast yesterday, and now it is back to my self-imposed diet. (tee hee) Most diets are things that we do not necessarily enjoy but love reaping the benefits of. Actually, my diet is not that bad. It is a way of life for me. Being a diabetic through heredity has necessitated, at this juncture in my life, that I watch what I eat. I have had people come up to me and enviously exclaim that I was keeping my weight down. Ha, Ha, if they only knew! It is a daily struggle for me, some days harder than others. But, I do what I must do to maintain my health as best I can. I had to learn to deny myself in the here and now so that I can like the afterwhile. It is a goal of "working toward and waiting for."
     So, too in our Christian walk. We have to deny immediate gratification of this world in anticipation of the rewards of after-a-while. You know that you have learned from the time you were a child that some things have to be waited for, Christmas, birthdays, last day of school, retirement, etc. By the same token, the ultimate spiritual gratification has to be waited for, too. But it will be a wait well worth it! Here, too, a goal of "working toward and waiting for."

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

Blog P. S. - I am still tweaking my latest manuscript, according to my editor's suggestions and have pulled the cobwebs off of several others that I have started to see which one gets my full-blown attention next. It is back to the creative/analytical process again, and it remains to be seen how fate accepts my next manuscript. But, He allowed me to write five books, so far, plus my daily blog. I am blessed and thankful! Here is a glimpse of some of the manuscripts that I have started and from which I will choose one to become my next book. Wish me well, and I do you, too. Have a good one.
 My writing area with the manuscripts just unloaded. Whew, that was an armful to carry to my writing area! Who would have thought that I would be blessed with this plethora of book ideas and starts? To God be the glory!


A Closer View of the manuscripts that I am going to choose my next book from.

No comments: