Thursday, July 6, 2017

Furnace Going Strong

Hello, folks.
Let's get right down to business, shall we? Read this poem and tell me what you think of it.




The vast greedy furnace 
Always has to be stoked
"Haul that log and chop that wood."
Were the words that the furnace master spoke
"The fire is getting low and
That just will not do
The furnace owner will be angry
And will come here to get you."

"Yes, yes, now you have it going
And you are a good lad
The furnace being kept well stoked
And fiery will make the furnace owner glad."

"Get some more logs ready now
Because the pile is getting low
And while you are at it, toss in some coal
That will make that furnace glow."

"The furnace must be kept hot at all times
Get more wood and get more coal
And shovel it right on in because
The furnace must be fed."

"Nevermind the soot and the ember ladened air
Haul that log and chop that wood
The furnace must be fed."
"But sir, I beg you to look at the
Children's eyes, for they are turning red!"

"You chop that log and haul that wood
I tell you, the furnace must be fed..."

The name, dear reader, of the furnace 
That you have learned to loathe
And that mankind thinks needs to be fed
Why I thought that you knew
It is called just "furnace hatred."

Some men seem to think, "I do to you what I want to do
And I do it because I can."
Oh, the calloused greed of man's inhumanity to man!


Well, no matter what any might say
The Lord has the last word at the end of the day
Whether brotherhood, neighborhood, statehood, or "worldhood"
Hatred seems to know no bounds
But, the Father's children's faith in Him
Whether here or there, can and will be found
Though they sometimes see red
Because of that old furnace that just has to be fed!

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Dare to Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

Blog P. S. - No, precious blog reader, don't say
Smh (shake my head)
Instead
Byh (bow your head)
And 
Pray.

********

And never forget that we will be okay at the end of the day.







No comments: