Saturday, July 22, 2017

To You and For You, Lord

Good morning, folks. Hope this starts a beautiful day for you. Don't forget to begin your day with prayer. And what do I always say after that..."You will find a loving father waiting there." That is true and has been true down through the ages. So, I thought that I would pen a poem of praise to Him and for Him for His glory, for it all belongs to Him.

For every blessing that you have bestowed
For every trap that you have sprung
For every breath that You have given
Every beat of my heart says, 
"To You, my God be the glory," because
By you were all things begun.

For every line of poetry that you allow me to pen
The glory that flows across the parchment
Shouts Your name and Your love to all men.

The fact that I am penning this is an attesting to Your Majesty
Because You allowed Your glory to flow to, through 
And from a little nobody like me 
Who happens to love, worship, and adore You.

You, Father, gave me the gifts that I display
And use to encourage my fellowman everyday
Majestic Father, Lord above
Thank You for the issuance of Your love
That spreads your amazing grace
In this world, covering every place.

So thank You, Lord, for Your glory
That spreads itself across screen and parchment
As I canvas this world and tell my story
For You and to You, my God, be the glory!

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: