Friday, July 21, 2017

A Lot on My Mind

Good morning, folks. I awoke this morning with a lot on my mind. And I have found that when that happens, I need to be about whatever lay on my mind so heavy as to awaken me. There are some aspects of being an author that I had never seriously considered, but that is different now. Uhm, humm, have to look at the business end of it more. Hmm-m, will keep you posted as needs be. I was not slow in rising this morning, I got up at my usual time (with the chickens) (tee hee) but my brain has been doing the things that awakened me since. (tee hee) Now it is past time for me to get to my blog and I do apologize for the later start than usual.
     Today, I thought that I would do a poem for you on being insignificant. I hope that it encourages and inspires you.

Just a Little Nobody

I told you yesterday that I am a 
Little nobody who hails from Tennessee
And that it awed me when I considered
That the God of all humanity
Is for sure mindful of me.

When I look back on my life
I can see that nobody is who
I have always been
And that no longer bothers me
Because I have learned to be
Who I am as I try to work for
The One who holds the keys to my eternal destiny.

Now, I know that He
Will often use a little nobody
To do a particular job for Him
I just never in a thousand years figured
That that little nobody would happen to be me.

I pinch myself now and again
To see if I am awake and if what
I think that I perceive happens to be real
Is there something special just like my
Momma told me a long time ago
That I am given to do 
Whew, this thinking has me going a bit
Can you imagine how I feel
Yeah, I know you can because you know
How you would feel if this situation was about you.

Still, I am a little nobody who hails from Tennessee
Who will go where she is sent and do as she is bid
As long as the God of all Creation keeps loving me
As He does, and says, "Fear not, for I Am with you
And I will bring you safely through."

So, if you feel insignificant and a little nobody, too
Just keep doing your best to give Him your all
For it remains to be seen what special plans He
Just might have for you
Because the Lord looks on the heart of man
And sees things that only He can.

In short, make sure that what you are doing is 
Worth doing and keep doing it to be true
For it doesn't matter what man sees because
God discerns and sees the real you.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

P. S. - As you can tell from the poem, I do have a lot on my mind this morning. Actually, I do most mornings, I just gave voice to it this morning. (tee hee)

No comments: