Sunday, July 23, 2017

A Great Day!

Good morning, all.
     I am on my way to a day filled with worship and praise. We are having dinner on the grounds, so I have to finish preparing my food for it. I already made a scrumptious coconut cake that was requested for me to do. Just a couple of things more and I'm done.
     As we get an excited anticipation of a great day of fellowship and food, let us remember that we have a greater day coming when excitement will go beyond the scale of measurement. That is the day that we will be caught up in the air to go back home with a victorious Jesus, our Lord. That, folks, will be the greatest day of all.

Gonna sing until I am hoarse if that's what comes about
Gonna sing praises to my Father as long as my voice holds out
Gonna sing until joy reverberates from the rafters and speakers all
Gonna sing with the Spirit ringing out the gospel's call.

Gonna have a grand old time on this, the Lord's day
As I sing and listen and bow my head to pray
Wish you could come go with me and experience what 
I am talking about because you would 
Leave with your fires of faith well stoked
Because of the fiery words that the preacher spoke.

Yes, yes, I know that you are accustomed to 
Me writing a verse or two for you
But I figured that on this glorious Sunday morning
It was the least that I could do!

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones


No comments: