Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Laughing Blesses You

Good morning. I hope that this blog today brings you laughter or at least feel good giggles and builds some endorphins. 
     Ah, reader, reader. Have you ever laughed until your side hurt? Laughed until you got weak in the knees, laughed until you leaned against the wall to keep from falling, or laughed until you were out of breath? Well, I have and did so again this morning. I told you that the internet went down in our house just when I was getting ready to push publish on my blog, right? Well, I was not a happy camper for a second, but then I did it like I have learned to do with most things in life, leave it in the Lord's hands and step on.  
      Uh, but I am getting away from my story. This husband of mine called the cable people and got that infamous robot lady operator. I was not paying much attention to him until I heard him say, "Uh, uh,  not today! You gon give me a live person to talk to. He said it again, but just a little louder. Then he yelled out, "My wife better come get this phone, or it will be laying upside the wall somewhere! I hollered! I scurried into the next room. I was holding my side and giggling while he was making all kinds of faces at the computer lady robot on the phone because she kept asking him to press whatever number related to his problem and say, "Continue." Now, of course, she never raised her voice because she was a robot, right? He, on the other hand, was yelling by then. I calmly took the phone, which he grudgingly let go of, and only waited a second before she started in with her demands. I said the word "continue," that he had been yelling into the phone and I was promptly switched over to a live person. He looked at the phone and sneered at it and said, "Why you...!" That was all he said because the live person on the phone was asking how they could help. Well, this man, my husband was so into the battle by then that he takes the phone out of my hand with me whispering, "Be nice." He looked at me and said, when the man asked him in an upbeat voice how he was doing, "Man I am doing okay now that I have a live person, but I wasn't a few seconds ago! That witch got to go! My mouth fell open, and the giggles started up again. (I mean really! He was talking about a robot computer lady, and he had just told the live person that she was a witch and had to go.) Y'all, I was on the wall again. Whew, tee hee, no dull moments in this house. 
     But I have to say, that the little guy on the other end of the phone never missed a beat and by the time the call was over, my husband was happy, and I was busy typing. Typing what? This brief account that you just read is what. 
     I had him in stitches when I read a part of the story back to him. Still, all in all, a good start to the day and I hope that I have made you smile a bit, as well. (Tee hee)

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

Blog P. S. - Be blessed, my friend.


No comments: