Sunday, July 9, 2017

Going Home

Hello, blessed person. It is a blessed Sunday morning indeed! You woke up in your right mind with the will to BYDWP, again I say that it is a blessed Sunday morning. 😊
Well, to the lesson for today. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to have lunch with two great ladies, Dorethea and Ernestine. We had a birthday celebration because all three of us were born in the month of July. We talked about some old times and some modern trends of today with much laughter. There is nothing like getting together with friends who accept you with all of your flaws and still love you! Thanks, ladies, we will have to do this again.
     Well, my husband told me this morning that we are going home. He has been preaching for 40 years, and the decision was made this morning to go back to the congregation where it all started. Yes, we have been working in the ministerial field for a few months just past forty years, and now we are set to go back home. When we left our home congregation, we had stars in our eyes and relatively few bruises. Now, we are on our way home, battle scarred, a bit weary but guess what? We still have the stars in our eyes. We have learned to look past the now to the hope of glory. We will pitch ourselves into the work of our home congregation and work like the battle-hardened and dedicated soldiers that we are.
     Yes, a new beginning for us. This will be our first worship service back home, and I don't mind telling you that I am excited! Wish us well, and you be blessed in your worship service today. And never forget, we go where we go and do what we do by God's will. Is there a move for us in the future? I don't know, only God knows...😌

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones
 

No comments: