Monday, July 24, 2017

All That I Have

Good morning!
     Yes, it is Monday morning and the beginning of the work week for most of you. I have been there and done that. Now, I get to indulge in what I have been wanting to do for all of my life, it seems, writing. I remember that one woman asked me, skeptically,  if I wrote all of the things in one one my poetry books. Then she immediately turned around and said point blank to me that she didn't think that I did. Ha Ha She would have an apoplectic fit if she saw what else I have written and have started on and am planning to publish. I remember that she looked skeptical and puzzled and asked me where it all came from. To me, that is like asking where the air that we breathe comes from. Why from the Lord, of course. Oh well, go figure...
     I think that the Lord gives to each of us the necessary skill set that we need to get a particular task done. I believe that He decided when He sent me here that among the tasks that I would be given to do is speaking and writing words of encouragement to my fellowman. Having that foundational belief means that my words of comfort, caring and encouraging inspiration do not dry up until the Lord decrees my job done. So, folks, I write and I write and I write and yes, I do love it so! Why, well because it is a job that He gave me to do and since I love Him, I will do His will. It is as simple as that. And you know what? All that I have in my repertoire of skills, I will use to His glory for He formed me and allows me to be.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

P. S. - In short, sometimes my love for Him overflows to the point that a poem or a story or a lesson for inspiration or encouragement erupts and then you have:







(There has to be an easier way to add pictures to make a point. Whew! Whew! And triple Whew! That's okay, though; I made it.)

No comments: