Saturday, June 3, 2017

This One Will Bless You

The love of the Lord is simply marvelous. I never cease to be amazed at His care for us. Just look at this and you will see why I said what I just did. He formed us with love and the poem below brings it home as to how.

Laughing
Singing
Exercising
All have to 
Do with endorphins
So do quite a bit of all above
For by doing so you
Give yourself a dose
Of built-in love.

(Psalm 139:13-18 KJV)

     Now, some of you are scratching your heads and saying out loud or at least thinking it, "Uh, I read the poem and I don't get it." Remember a while back that I told you that I like to think, and I told you that if you stuck with my blog that you would learn to like to think, too. Yep, just like some of you have learned to like to pray. The Lord made these bodies of ours with built in endorphin switches: When you laugh, that trigger a switch, as does singing and exercising. By now, you ought to be wondering, if you don't already know, just what endorphins are.

Assignment:
  1. What are endorphins and why are they important to mankind? Endorphins are chemical substances produced by the body that are associated with pain relief, feelings of pleasure. euphoria, etc.
  2. What is meant by the phrase built-in love? This phrase refers to the neurotransmitters like endorphins, serotonin, etc. and other things that the Lord placed in our bodies when He made us. These chemicals that the Lord placed within our bodies give us a feel good high when we do certain things like exercising or thinking. This process that the Lord has put within us should remind us of the love that we carry around in our bodies from our Father. So, when you laugh think about the endorphins that He has placed within you to help to sustain you.  When you have a challenging mental activity that makes you think, know that your brain is doing the thing that the Lord put in it to do when He created you. It is producing feel-good chemicals as you ponder over a tough new process, puzzle or problem. That is why you feel good when you work on a challenging problem. Remember that I told you that when you think you are growing dendrites, brain cells? Well, those dendrites come with built in endorphins. Did you further know that when you say a kind word or do a kind act for someone that you are producing endorphins? Yep, it is true, so when you are being kind to another, you are being kind to yourself because of the love that God has built in you. That is deep, isn't it? I know. This is about to turn into a science lesson and that was not my intention. However, I do love it when science and the religion come together.
  3. Explain how the given scripture has reference to endorphins. (Psalm 139:13-18 KJV) Fairly easy to do,  When He formed you in the womb, He equipped you for life outside of the womb until you could get back to Him.
Brain Buster
  1. Does thinking have anything to do with endorphins? Yes, it does. Expound upon your answer. See answer in question 2 above.
  2. What does all of this have to do with loving God? Everything! Explain your answer, please. Since He so lovingly crafted your body as to reassure you of His love by having it release feel-good chemicals when you go about doing some of your daily human practices, then you ought to at least, try to thank Him by showing your appreciation by loving Him back. 


Ha, Ha I have some of you going now, don't I? I have others of you thinking, "I'm way ahead of you sister girl" or others saying, "Hm-m, never thought about it like that before..." Whatever the case, I have you thinking for a bit.

************************************************************************
I repeated yesterday's blog piece above so that you could have easy reference to it.
GOD (my beginning)
Love (crafted in)
A Plan
Care Packages (to sustain)
Love (gathered back with)

 GOD (my ending)!

Since you have read the answers to the questions posed from yesterday, I am pretty sure that you can see endorphins in the green highlighted lines of the poem above that begins, "God (my beginning). 


This just goes to show you how the Lord builds upon knowledge that He has had us to learn. Now, I wrote this poem years ago and put in my book, W.O.W. created w.o.w. and had no idea that I would use it to illustrate endorphins in later years. I did not have endorphins on my mind when I wrote it, but the Lord saw the possibilities and Had me to gather the info in a moment of epiphany! Wow, wow, wow, folks! There is no end to the great magnificence of our God and how He can amaze us with the love that He continues to shower upon/show us.


The scientific information that I gave you today can be found in any good physiology book. Put your brain on it and see what you can find. And another thing, no complaining about the next assignment that I give where you have to think. tee hee Umph, umph, umph, who would have thought it, Blessing myself when I think hard...

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: