Thursday, June 15, 2017

Oh the Love

Good Morning!
I am back and did I ever enjoy myself! I enjoyed the camaraderie with the other writers. It was wonderful. I had to do the devotional on Tuesday and on Wednesday. The group seemed to appreciate my efforts and were very complimentary.
I drew the lessons that I did from our soon-to-be-released book, Chopping My Row. I think that I am going to have that book put on audiotape because the writers seemed to really enjoy it. I thank God for His provision for me in allowing me to share my love for Him and for letting His glory come shining through me.
     Take a look at the view from my second story balcony!
 Above is a spot where I saw a momma and a baby deer come cavorting out onto the lawn.  I did not have my iPad out to snap the picture, but the image will be forever etched in my mind.
This is the view that I awoke to each morning! I stood and watched the wind playfully teasing the waves so that they would ripple up to the bank while the sun started its climb across the sky. Then I began my morning meditation and prayer as I looked back over my devotional topic for the day. I can truly see for the first time why people like to go to the lake and or ocean. There is a tranquility that soothes you in the innermost parts of your being. If I got this much enjoyment from waking up to see the ripples on the water at Paris Landing State Park, what would my writer's mind think if I had a week to wake up seeing the white-capped waves of the ocean strike the shoreline and receding back because they were not allowed to go any further?

For Pondering
  1. What spiritual application can you make from the green highlighted section above? I assure you that there are several.
  2. Explain the title chosen for this blog piece.


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: