Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Song on My Lips

Good morning, everyone. I have a poem for you to enjoy today from our book, W.O.W. created w.o.w. Enjoy.

Song on My Lips


Sometimes on our Christian journey
Life can become very hard
And it seems like the harder and harder we try
The more as Christians, we have to cry

With the uncertainties around us
We don't know what life will bring us to
But as Christians, we have to remember that
Whatever life does bring us to
That our Heavenly Friend, Jesus will
Definitely, bring us through.

We can be happy and go lucky one minute
And feel lost and bereft the next hour
But we have to keep the faith and remind ourselves
That the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
Holds us within His power.

So get yourself in check
And pray for faith to be strong
Because the mighty God that we serve
Can open your lips and give you a song.

A song that you can sing with
A cheerfulness that is rare
A song that will make your friends
And family alike, stop and stare
To shake their heads and wonder
Because through all of your trials
 You will be tripping right along
As if you had never a care.

Because it's inside me to serve the Lord
Is why you will see me do what I do
And so because of what's inside of me
I’ll sing this snippet of a song to you.

Since I have gotten older
My voice pops and cracks at will
But the forest would be mighty quiet
If all but the best songbirds
Kept their voices still.

I want somebody to see
 That I keep going, no matter
If I’m laughed at and no matter
How people make me feel
Because I told the Lord a long time ago
"Jesus, take the wheel."

And I'm not singing this song
Because I sound so good
But when I am gone, I just want somebody to say
She worked for Jesus while she could.


Ephesians 3:14–20




1.      Define snippet, the bereft.
2.      What is the overall, feeling tone of this poem?
3.      Explain “If all but the best songbirds keep their voices still.”

4.      Explain, “Jesus, take the wheel.”

Begin your day with prayer (BYDWP) and remember that God sees; He knows and He cares.
Post a Comment