Saturday, May 27, 2017

I'm Still Holding On

 Define resolute. Resolute, as used here. means to be firmly determined.
2.     Explain the meaning of the title of the poem, "When Life Throws You a Curved Ball." This title means that life does not always provide for us what we had in our minds when we made our plans for stepping on down through the years.
3.     What do you think has happened at the beginning of the poem? It seems that someone may have suffered a heartbreak or a disappointment of some kind.
4.     Does the speaker speak from experience? If so, give several instances from the poem. If not, give several references from the poem to support your conclusion. The grandmother in the poem does speak from experience which can be ascertained by the following phrases and verses:  "Listen, baby, when life throws you a curveball, sometimes it can be very hard..."; “Sometimes it can be so bad that you cannot
Figure out what to do in your situation
Sometimes you can be so down and out
You wonder about the reason for your creation.”
“One of these days, you will look back on this
And remember how He brought you through
5.     What is the general theme of the poem? Perseverance is the theme.  
6.     Name a possible sub-theme. A sub-theme is "Keep the Faith" which is to say "God will."         (excerpt from W.O.W. created w.o.w. ©)

I I have listed above the questions that I asked you yesterday about the poem, "When Life Throws You a Curved Ball" from page 100 of the book, W.O.W. created w.o.w.  I have answered (in green) those questions for you and now I am going to tie in the title of the blog piece for today. Then I will finish up with a sweet song featuring Deborah Barnes that should seal the message in your heart that "Because God will, I still." I may do a snippet of a poem for you at the end of this piece, as well. Be encouraged and enjoy!
Today's blog title says that though I have been through some things that most of you think should have discouraged me and made me want to give up, I won't. I have learned from listening to my Granny and from watching how she handled adverse circumstances in her life to keep my faith in God and to never give up on Him. I have learned that as my Granny told me and from reading the scripture  ( Psalm 46, Ephesians 3:20, Romans 4:21, Hebrews 10:23, Exodus 15:6, KJV) that God is not only willing but that He is faithful. 




Because God will
I still
Hold on, even when
I have had my fill
Of disappointment, chaos
 And  walking uphill
Because God will
I hold on, still.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: