Sunday, May 28, 2017

Bigger Than Me

Good Sunday to you,
    After a vast and magnificent display of lightning last night I lay down to rest. The weather station had forecasted a severe thunderstorm with high winds and possible tornadoes. But I went on to sleep in Jesus' name. About an hour later, my husband awakened me to tell me that the forecast had just gotten worse. There were storms coming from four directions that were seemingly going to converge on our area bringing winds of up to 100 miles per hour with them. I turned back over and went back to sleep in Jesus' name.
      I awakened this morning and everything seemed fine. And you know, we have to have that same assurance that the Lord will take care of us in all storms, no matter what direction they come from.  Armed with the assurance that all was well, I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth and I saw that half of one of my eyes was blood red! I checked a few things in my encyclopedia and found several possible reasons for it. Some were common and meant nothing and some were serious. I had no pain and no stickiness around the eye, so not pink eye. I knew that I was past due for my yearly eye exam so I determined to call for an appointment on tomorrow, but in the meantime, I was was going to praise God and leave this storm to Him, too.
Here is a poem penned for this occasion.

You see, Lord I figure that You
Made this body of mine and
You know all of the nuances of it 
Just as you know the nuances of storms
And that I have been walking with You long
Enough to not get bothered unduly
By situations and storms that seem unruly.

I will rest in Your holy name
For You are a God of unmitigated fame
I walk and work under Your banner
Which is so much bigger than me
Bigger than the world can see.

Most magnificent, creating and sustaining God
The world can observe by my manner
That I walk assured wherever I trod.

Yep, some things are bigger than me
But not bigger than my God
I'm not worried and I'm not afraid
Because my Father has already laid
Out plans for whatever terrain lies ahead.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: