Thursday, May 25, 2017

Dark in Your Room

            If you feel like it has gotten dark in your room (all the joy of life has been taken away by circumstance) just remember that you do have a light to shine. Good morning to each of you. The light that I mentioned above is the Lord. Never limit the scope of His love for us. I mean; think about it. Why would He lay down His life for us and then allow mayhem to destroy us? That means that HE MUST CARE! So, when life has you feeling like the beginning of the poem below, read on until the end.



Forgotten My Name


Joy has forgotten my name
And peace has lost my address
I feel lost and bereft, folks
I must confess.

Nevertheless, I keep putting one foot
In front of the other
As I make my way homeward
In hopes of seeing missed loved ones
And yes, most of all, my dear mother.

Yet, a resounding voice says to me, “Not yet
There are other tasks set for you
The goals of which you have not met.”

“Just keep your faith and don’t waiver
In your zeal to do as bidden for me
And remember, I am by your side
And, know that I love you and
Be assured that you have not lost favor.”


Heb. 4:15-16 (excerpt from W.O.W. created w.o.w.)






1.     What is meant by the title of this poem?
2.     According to the 2nd verse, is the speaker hoping to make a trip soon? Where?

3.     What level of faith does the speaker seem to have? Quote from the poem to substantiate your answer. 

Doing what I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

How do the titles of the poem and the blog correlate?


No comments: