Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Love Verse

Good morning to all of you.
     I learned the following Bible verse when I was just a little girl. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." I don't know what Bible scholars say about it, but I think that this is the love verse of the Bible. and the second verse that I would dub the love verse is Hebrew 4:16. This is what the verse says:
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
That verse speaks to my soul and I will tell you why. But first, let me establish the fact that I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God. That being said, the verse that I quoted above makes these points to me:

  1. Come boldly unto the throne of grace - says come with confidence; to what, to God's throne; throne of grace (love) We are invited to go to the throne of the Great I AM. Folks, there is no potentate in the world, no matter what kind of audience he commands, that is as great as I AM. And He has invited us with love to approach His throne with confidence? Yep, He has!
  2. That we may obtain mercy, - this is where we can come to get not what we deserve but get divine favor and blessings.
  3. And find grace to help in time of need - means that we will find kindness and goodwill when we need it.
     You may not interpret this verse exactly like I did and that is alright. It says what it says but to me, the only girl in my Momma's family and the youngest, it wraps my needy soul in a warm down filled comforter against the cold blasts of insensitivity, hatred, jealousy, etc. Along with the blanket comes loving and nurturing words that have a soothing and healing quality in them.
     After my trip to His throne, I can continue with the job that He has given me and I can do it with joy! You see, folks! I keep telling you about the joys and comforts there are in prayer. Whatever you do, never forget to pray; always make time for your Father, for He always has time for you.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Steppin' On Jones

No comments: