Monday, April 24, 2017

Liver/Onions and Dark Chocolate

  Good morning! Hope that you are doing well, have started your day with prayer and that you are preparing for a rip-roaring day of good works for the Lord! Woo-hoo! I am excited, so excited! About what, life in general. 
     You might be figuring, now what in the world has her so excited? "Did she win the lottery? Did she get finally get a book contract, what?" The answer to both of the questions posed above is, "Nope." I did not get a book contract nor did I win the lottery. (cackle, cackle tee hee) I don't play the lottery, so that is never likely to happen. The book contract will happen when and if it is the Lord’s will. Here is what has me so excited!
     Liver and dark chocolate. Ha ha, Most of your reaction to the liver is what my students’ reactions used to be when I gave my healthy menu, “Yuck!” They did not like liver, either and when I mentioned onions they only grunted. But by the end of the year, they were excited instead of being bothered by the mention of liver and onions. They knew that this meant that they would be doing expounded definitions which were an automatic 100 if they put the definitions into their own words and made an application to life, today. It took some thinking, on their parts, at first to get their brains ready to do that level of deep thinking and it took perseverance to stick with it so that they could see the good that the exercise of writing expounded definitions did for their physical and intellectual bodies, which, in turn, helped to build their self-concepts.
·      Physical benefits: builds brain cell or dendrites
·      Intellectual benefits: expands the ability to think deeper into things not concrete
·      Self-esteem benefits: improves self-worth because of one being more competent

In like manner problematic situations and trials, tribulations (storms), etc. benefit one’s spiritual body because it forces one to exercise spiritual tenets (tentacles) such as searching the scriptures and praying.
·      Spiritual benefits: builds knowledge of the scriptures and develops stronger prayer habits
·      Faith benefits: builds a stronger faith.

Still don’t see why I was so exuberant at the beginning of this blogging session?
Here it is; dark chocolate, which I loathe, is actually good for me! Liver which I used to loathe, is good for me. Just like my mother told me that liver was good for me and I found out that it is, dark chocolate, I have been told by medical authorities is good for me, too. My point? Even when things are tough and don’t taste good to us and don’t feel good to us in life, they may actually be for our own good. That brings back one of my favorite scriptures, Romans 8:28, “All things work together for good for those that love the Lord.” As I told you before everything will not be good while it is going down (happening) but it will serve to benefit me in the long run, whether dark chocolate, liver or life!
That means to me that it is all good. I just have to eat my liver and my dark chocolate because great will be the benefit/reward for doing so!
     You see what I just did, all of that from dark cholate and liver. How sweet He is! Umph, umph, umph! Who would have thought…dark chocolate and liver!

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Liver n Onions/Dark Chocolate Eating Jones



No comments: