Wednesday, March 8, 2017

This Is Mine!

But I will share because it is not for me alone. (tee hee) Have you ever read a piece in a book, heard a song played, heard something on television or heard a person (stranger or friend) say something that addressed your situation to a tee, or read a scripture in the Bible and knew, just knew, it was put there for you to read in that particular time and in that particular place? I have done all of the above, but the one that nearly blew my mind was finding what I like to call, "My chapter" in the Bible. I wrote you about this chapter a while back but visited it again, today. Why? I don't know, as I told you before, I don't question; I just do as I feel that I need to do to help someone. If you don't have a situation going on in your life that tends to overwhelm you at times, good. But take note of this blog for future reference just in case you ever do. For those of you who are going through rough times, read this, pray, and prayerfully study Psalm 71 or whichever Psalm seems to fit your particular need at this time. It will bless your soul; I can tell you that!

The chapter that I am referring to is Psalm 71. I know that this was penned from the mind of God several hundred years ago, but I know that it was penned for me. Penned, not only for me but for any of His children who might find themselves in various quandaries.

Nothing can get to you faster than unjust treatment, harsh deeds and/or traps laid by enemies no matter what form it comes in. You know, I told you a long time ago that, because of His infinite wisdom and His love for us, the Lord lovingly had the Holy Writ penned for us. I have identified with Job - walked in his shoes; identified with Joseph - dreamed in his shoes, identified with Sara and Hannah - walked in their shoes some; but the person that I identify with on a daily basis is David, through the book of the Psalms.

Found two verses that

I claim as mine
But never in my wildest dreams
Did I think, an entire chapter
I would find.

I have found my chapter

That you had written so long ago
You knew one day that such as I
Would wonder where you were
When I uttered my cry.

 So, You had this chapter penned
For children such as me
To show me that You understood
My plight right now and my misery.


What pointed me to Psalm 71 this morning, in particular, you might ask. Well, I read a devotional magazine called, "Power for today" every morning and my reading for today sent me to Psalm 71. Okay, so as is my habit, I dutifully went there to read. What I read there, stroked my soul and made my doubts and fears take a back seat indeed! 


Now, I have been dealing with enemies and or life problems for a good long while, but I just pray, ask for help and keep on stepping. Do you remember when I told you that you can deal with a "storm so long that it becomes your norm." That is what had happened to me. BUT, if you recall, you will see that I told you that when your enemy sees that you are weathering that or those particular storms well, then they up their torturing and troubling ways. I'm sure there are those of you reading this who know something of what I am talking about, humm-m-m? Well, let me tell you; my enemies upped the pressure so much this week that it knocked me to my knees! I found myself trying to pray right in the midst of the new onslaught, but got no relief. But, I didn't stop pushing on. I found myself asking the Lord if He could hear me and if He cared about me still. Let me continue to break this on down to you so that you will see why I say this chapter is mine. I reminded the Lord that I had been depending on Him since I was a child and that since He had allowed me to develop an intimate relationship with Him where I could lean on Himwhy was He deserting me now? I wondered if it were because of my age and I asked Him that. Let me tell you, folks, I had a good old pity party when I talked with the Lord; some of y'all know the drill; you know how we do when the bottom falls out and it seems like it is going to stay out. We cry and pray and pray and cry and sometimes, we resort to whining as we talk to Him. Yes, folks, no need for me to plead the Fifth; I confess I did all of the above. I reminded Him that I had not only devoted my life to Him but had written a volume of praise where I talked about His marvelous wonders. I told Him about how folks looked up to me as a person of faith. Yep folks, I pled my case just like Job did in the Bible. Then I told Him that I was nowhere around when He created the earth and laid its foundations. I told Him that I was just a mortal woman who was trying to find an audience with her Lord, Who could do all!  Then I asked Him to stop my enemies by making them be at peace with me and to give me peace in my current situation while increasing my faith daily. 



I finished my prayer, read my Bible and called it a night. This went on for three days. The difference was that on that third night, I determined like Job, "Though He slay me, I'm yet going to trust Him." But oh, on the fourth day, I awoke with a feeling of all going to be okay, until I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and remembered my situation. Yet, I still had that strong resolve to keep on trusting Him, even if... By the fifth day, when I awoke, I knew in my heart and in my spirit that my situation was on its way to being rectified and it was. 


Now I said all of that to show you this:

Psalm 71 broken down, as it blessed me that morning -
Praying (verses 1 & 3) - used to it just like David did -                    color above
Asking if He could hear (verses 2 & 12) - just like David  -                    color above
Asking if He cared like He used to (verses 9 &18) just like David              color above
Enemies (verses 4,10, 11, 13 & 24) just like David -                    color above
Youth (verses 5, 6, & 17) just like David               color above
Used to Praising Him (verses 6, 8, 14, 15, 16, 19, 22, 23 & 24) just like David  -               color above
Known as a Person of Faith (verse 7)  just like David -                      color above.

Do you see the beauty in this chapter? Because the Lord looked down through time and saw my situation, He had an encouraging section placed in the Bible that walked me through every emotion that I had this week! That is the kind of God we serve and that is why I say, "I won't stop; I can't stop; I can't come down!"  And another thing, if I had not had this awful time this week, there are some of you out there who would still be floundering; but because He blessed me and my relief was so great, I told you and you were blessed too! And you want me to think that this was just a chance happening that every one of my emotions was recorded in Psalms by David at the will of the God of all creation for me to read at this moment and on this day? Nuh uh! No coincidence, just blessings! Another care package.


Doing What I Can, While I Can
 Because I Care,
Alma Jones

Aside - Now you know why I always say that if the Lord has moved some mountains in your life and leveled some valleys, you ought to tell somebody. Do I still begin my day with prayer? Yes, I do. Do I still get bothered by things from time to time? Yes, I do, but you know what? I have learned to not linger on anything troublesome long. I have, at long last, learned to lean on Him and to trust Him in whichever direction He swings me. Do I think sometimes that I might fall? Yes, I do, but I know that if I do, as long as I keep my hand in His hand, He will lift me up again and set me on the right path under His protective wing. Then, folks, I step on. I step on through my pain, heartache, and all sorts of trouble until He leads me to that gentle stream of still waters that is nestled in pastures of green.


Remember that no matter what your problem is, keep praying, reading your Bible and having faith in Him, for He will handle any and every thing that troubles you and refine you in the process so that you can help someone else. I know because I just did!  

One Last Thought: 
If you don't remember anything else that I have said, remember this, "Paint your problems and life situations green for 'go' and keep stepping on for the Lord."  Here is my additional motto for my life, "Through it all, He will make a way somehow because He takes care of His own." (And to those of you who are impatient with this continued treatise on this subject matter, don't be. The day may come when you are in several troubles and will gobble this up and wish for more. We all are told to bear one another's burdens and so we shall. Hmm-m-m :)) Be blessed.

No comments: