Friday, March 31, 2017

From Goodbye to Hello

     Greetings to each of you. Hope that your day is filled with good and that you spread joy and kindness to someone who is not the recipient of it much.
    I wanted to say something about the time in our life when we have to say goodbye to a loved one because there have been several people in our area, of late, that have experienced such a loss. I find that in times like this, it is hard to say something consoling to grieving family members. However, writings such as this one will be read later and oftentimes bring some needed relief, assurance and of course, love.
      "Goodbye" is the opposite of "hello." Most of the time, one brings us joy and the other a modicum or plethora of sadness, depending upon the exact circumstances. Sometimes, the last goodbye happens without our getting the opportunity to actually utter it.  At times like this, we want to say, "Wait a minute! I was not ready! Just a few more days..."
     Yet, the final goodbye remains said and we have left, in our hands, remnants of a life that once was complete. But, oh! Wait a minute. Though the final goodbye has been said, what about the best hello? Yes, you did hear me correctly, "What about the best hello?" Here is a poem to encapsulate what I mean:


From Goodbye to Hello

Did not like the last goodbye
For it shattered my world
And made me cry.

So many things were left unsaid
With me shedding tears while
Lying across my bed. 

I wondered why I had to  
Be parted from you
And I remember wondering just 
What I was supposed to do.

Then I thought about the land
On the other side of through
That would bring me joy
And get me back to you.

I rejoiced in the fact that
I had that to look forward to
And reveled in the fact that the last
Goodbye did not end my time with 
You because hello and howdy times
Would be accorded me when due
And I would never again have to
Say another goodbye to you
And I'd get to give you a neck-hugging
Squeezing "Hello" on the other side of through.

********

Cinquain from Yesterday's Poem
Not hard
To develop
A loving touch, just treat 
Each like you'd want to be treated
All done.

********

Senryu from Yesterday's Poem
It does not take much
To develop a loving way
Treat others as self.

No comments: