Tuesday, March 14, 2017

For Me, Lord?

Hello, my blog reading friends! I hope that you are well and that you have had your meditation time with Him. I have often talked to you about care packages from the Lord.

Just as a mother knows what to do and what to say
To her child who may be grown and far away
My God knows how to brighten my day
To such a point that it fairly glistens
And how to give me a song that I will sing
To anyone who listens.

My care package from the Lord has arrived
And I could not have been more surprised
Even as I pen this blog post for you
The tears of gratitude swim in my eyes
At the caring blessing that He sent
Y'all, I cannot tell you how humble 
Cherished and grateful I feel 
That He watched everywhere my footsteps went
Talking about Him in the valley and from the top of the hill.

I don't have adequate words to express
To you, the way that I feel that I have been blessed
You see, it means so much when you receive
A blessing whose magnitude shows God's touch.

I told Him that I would tell of His love
In every place and in every way that I know
And that is what I have been trying to do
Yet, when He sent that special blessing
With bells and whistles, just for me
I was reduced to a sniveling and thankful bit of humanity
Who, as I have told you before, will sing
My song of His lovingkindness everywhere I go.

So this last verse is to You, Lord
I can't tell you how much I love You
But I will continue to try to show
The glory that You have allowed in me
For the world to get to know
For it is not by me that these words have been coined
But by You, masterful Father, You, Who are Number One!
                                                          -Alma L. Stepping On Jones

Folks, I know that you know me well enough by now to know that I feel things deeply, whether bad or good. And I just want you to know that my heart is full this morning. I used to wonder how it would feel for my work to go viral...well, now I guess I know. My poem on Facebook (Mark Your Storm in Green) has reached over 1,000 likes and I have a second one (Nobody Wants to Hear About God), that is closing fast. And I can tell you again, "Look for your blessing in your storm and prepare your heart and mind for your blessing when your storm is past.

Bless you, all for taking this walk with me as I tell my story about my God's glory.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

It is still hard to believe that He has done this for me!
Yet, I realize that it was not my goodness, for I have none but God's grace that carries me.


My story!

No comments: