Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A Snake, A Sling, What?

Hello, all. I have had my tea and am sometimes amazed at the nuances of flavor that different varieties can have. To my British readers, I have discovered what you have known for centuries, the exquisite joy and benefit of a cup of tea.

Today I thought I would visit a familiar theme, "Using what you have." Do you have any gifts and if you do, what are you doing with them? Can you sew well; can you greet people well; cook well; manicure a lawn well; sing well, etc. What are you doing with what you have in your possession, in your hand? You ought to be using it to the glory of the Lord.

Now, I can hear those of you thinking to yourselves that you don't have anything that you can do well. Hogwash! Yes, you do. If you can smile, then infuse into that smile the love of Jesus. Then when people meet you they will feel the Father's love emanating from you. Others of you that are thinking that you don't have a particularly pretty smile so that lets you out. Not so fast, here. Just ask yourself, what is it that you like to do? If it is social media, then use some of your time there to give a shout out of praise to the Lord. It does not have to be long, just sincere.

Just take a look at this poem and see what I mean:

Moses had a rod that the
Lord turned into a snake,
David had a sling that the
Fall of Goliath did bring
God can use most anything
That you have in your possession
To gain sinners' attention and
Bring them to repentance and confession.

If there is something that you like to do a lot
Then practice doing it for the Lord
And see what winds up simmering in your pot
You may have a captive audience waiting
Whether you realize it or not.

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

No comments: