Tuesday, December 6, 2016

To Know that He Cares

Hello, all. I hope that you and yours are doing well.

Well, if you haven't been putting things that gave you an extra measure of joy and happiness in your jar that you started this year, time is running out. Why not make an effort for the rest of this calendar year to pay more attention to that jar? Remember, at the end of the year, we are going to take each slip of paper out and relive that joyful time from this year and give other special thanks for His goodness.

This morning, I shared a scenario with my ladies inspirational group that I want to share with you, as well. It moved me as I wrote it, so it is my hope that it blesses you, too.

Have you ever taken a fluffy quilt warm from the dryer and sat before a picture window overlooking the outside when maybe the wind was blowing? And while you sat there wrapped in your quilt you spied a tiny bird and a squirrel or two rushing about gathering the food that you placed out for them the day before? That little scene is one that I think of sometimes when I think of my Father's love and care for me. Yes, I know that there are many such scenarios that can be envisioned, but this one was mentioned to you this morning to say, "Though the wind may howl and temperatures drop or whatever into our lives may pop our Lord has us wrapped in His love just like that warm quilt that I mentioned above."
In your meditation this morning, give Him praise, feel the love and be blessed.

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

No comments: