Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Who Says?

Inspiration
Hello, everyone! Did you BYDWP? I did and the peace I found at the base of His throne is serene, I want you to know! I told you that someone called me Pollyanna and someone else said that I was unrealistically optimistic and still yet, someone else said, "Aint nobody that happy all the time!" I know that I touched on this theme a few blogging sessions back, but I want to tackle it from a different perspective today, okay?
To all of the thinkers like the ones whose comments I repeated above, I say, "Who says?" I mean by whose standards? You see, by man's standards, my always expecting things to turn out for the best, even in seemingly impossible situations, would be being unrealistically optimistic. BUT, I am not man's child; I am GOD's child, so I look at things through the eyes of my faith, a faith that has been built by my reading of the impossible things that He orchestrated in the Holy Writ; a faith that has been built by my listening to elderly saints talk about the seemingly impossible things that He did in their lives; a faith that has been built by thinking back on "from whence I have come." Take a look at this brief list, if you will:


  •  impossible, faith says not only possible but probable
  • fire forgetting how to burn (Hebrews boys in the fiery furnace)
  • lions forgetting to eat an easy meal thrown in for the taking (Daniel in lion's den)
  • water forgetting its natural tendency to seek its own level (Israelites crossing the Red Sea) (excerpt from W.O.W. created w.ow., pp. 8-9)
So! I say this to you, "Try looking at your next impossible situation through the eyes of faith; you will get a totally different view!" How do I know? Simple, I tried it! Oh and be prepared when they start calling you, "Pollyanna." Tee hee


Writing
So, you want to write a book, do you? Well, what's stopping you? Ask for guidance, help and strength and to be blessed in this endeavor and go to it. That is what I did. 

Poetry
Concerning W.O.W.


W.O.W. is just the beginning of
Describing the GOD that I know
But when I pass “wow” in my vernacular
There is no place else to go!

So I go to HIS book
To get a formal description
I see omnipotent and amazing
When I do take a look.

While these words do indeed begin
To describe the GOD that I love and know
They leave me yearning to get closer to HIM
And to that celestial city to go.

Gen. 8:22
Gen. 1:14




1.     What does “vernacular” mean?
2.     Build a Biblical paragraph around “vernacular.”
3.     Which of the two scriptures given, better goes with the poem? Why?
   -(excerpt from W.O.W. created w.o.w., p. 27)





Quips/Quotes
"For with God, all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)

No comments: