Monday, September 19, 2016

Touched A Heart

Hello, all. We are back with our regular format for our blog today. 

Inspiration
W.O.W. created w.o.w. is proving to be an encouraging and inspiring work. at the book signing on Saturday, I had decided to read one of my poems from it. I explained my reason for writing the book and paraphrased Isaiah 50:4 in the process. Then I proceeded to read my poem and talk through it a little bit while explaining certain parts of it. I had chosen the poem, Ultimately from pages 264-267 in our in our book.

Well, while I was acting out parts of the poem with certain voice inflections, I looked up to see a lady wiping tears as they streamed from her eyes. I kept reading my poem, figuring that she had been touched in some manner by my reading... I finished my poem, did a snippet of a song and passed the microphone on to the next author. 

What I found out at the end of the book signing as people were mingling and purchasing their books was that she had lost her mother very recently. 

Now, what were the chances that I had only one copy left of the book that had the poem that I had written upon the death of my own Mother? I gifted her a copy of the book and told her that consider as she read it that the words were arms of love wrapping around her to tell her that, though she was hurting, she would be alright again. I then said to her, "You see me smiling now, don't you? Well, let me tell you there was a time when I thought that I never would again." I hugged her and she thanked me. 

Now, get this. The poem that I happened to choose touched her soul with a healing balm. Now, Who was it that placed the poem on my heart to write and placed it there again for me to choose it to read at the book signing on Saturday? Coincidence? No sir and no ma'am! To me, that happened just the way that the Lord intended for it to happen. You know folks, He takes care of us, even when we don't realize it or least expect it!


Writing
I find myself wondering, "How is the Lord going to use my novella, The Victor's Song, that I am writing?" I mean; He placed W.O.W. created w.o.w. on my heart and look at what it is doing. I won't question where He leads me again; I'll just follow.

Poetry

Group picture of the authors present for the book signing


Quips/Quotes
Chaos often rocks my world 
And disturbs my peace
But determination has said
"Will keep on until troubles cease
And sweet Jesus brings release."

Upcoming Events
Inspirational Speaker for Ladies Day – Church of Christ at Thirteenth and Lee, Mayfield, KY, October 15, 2016

No comments: