Tuesday, September 6, 2016

If I Never

Inspiration
I got up this morning with things heavy on my mind. But you know what I did? I had a little talk with Jesus and I left the things there. Did the things go away; no they did not, but I decided to let Jesus handle it the way that He sees fit. I mean, after all, He didn't need my help to formulate this world and keep it going, so I know that He can handle anything that this world throws at me, His child. You know? What am I doing y'all? I'm stepping on. I said that to say to you, "Keep going, child, even when it seems that the world is against you. And remember that He sees and He cares."

Writing
Our book, W.O.W. created w.o.w., will make a great inspirational stocking stuffer. It is getting close to that time of the year.

Poetry

Someone remarked on the lack of diamonds on my hands. So, I wrote this poem in response:
If I never receive another diamond
If I never receive another gem
I know the Father of all creation
And one day I will get to go home to Him.

Poetry Pondering:
1. Does the writer seem to be bothered about the absence of jewelry on her hand? Substantiate, please.
2. How did the fact that the absence of rings on her fingers was mentioned to her affect the writer? Substantiate, please.
3. What do you think the motive of the person who mentioned the absence of rings could have been?  Substantiate, please.

Quips/Quotes
Battle scars are evidence of standing and fighting the good fight of faith anyhow.


Upcoming Events
September 17, Booksigning at Crittenden County Library, Marion, KY from 10a.m.-1p.m.

No comments: