Friday, August 12, 2016

I Can See Clearly Now

Hello, all. You know that I have often told you to BYDWP, but there are times in life when you use prayer much like air. Practically every breath is an inhaled or exhaled prayer. THAT is what happens during supercell times! How do I know? As I told you on the video yesterday, been there, done that.(sigh)

But, I find that through the praying and breathing, somewhere along the road the load gets easier to bear. That is what I meant in an earlier post of mine, when I said that if you stay in a storm long enough, the storm will become your norm. Those muscles of faith and endurance get stronger. You might even look back one day and think, "I don't know how I made it through that one. But then just as quickly as that thought comes, another one crops right up behind it and you remember anew how prayer to the Lord carried you. And you, once again, thank Him for being your God, Friend and Confidante.

So, when those times comes in life that just because you are trying to be faithful to God, you get picked on, think about Job and remember how the Lord carried Him, even when Job thought that the Lord did not see, did not care and could not be found. But we find that through all that Job went through, the Lord was right there watching everything. And when we sit down and ponder the hardest times in our lives, we can see clearly that He was there all the time for us, too.

So, the next time that you get hit by whatever storm that comes up in your life, remember that you have a better focus now. You have new glasses, so to speak. You look at all situations through the lens of faith, now. You will say like our elders have been heard to say on many occasions, "I will wait until my change comes." That, my friend, is what living for Him is all about. There will always be someone somewhere who will pick on you just because of the nature of the warfare that you are in, precious. I called you precious because that is how you are referred to in the Scriptures. But if you just remember to keep wiping your lens of faith so that you can see clearly, you will be alright.

And when/if you get hit so hard that you might feel your faith begin to rattle and crumble or if you bitterly wonder within yourself why this "stuff" is always happening to you, just remember that this, too shall pass and will make you stronger in the process. If you happen to do as we humans are prone to do and fuss to yourself about the unjustness or unfairness of your plight, just do like Job and ask the Lord to forgive you and keep going.

You know what! I just had a terrific idea. I think that I am going to put a portion of this on YouTube to encourage all people of faith, especially women. Why did I single out women, well because we hold a very important place in the home, neighborhood, church, etc. We hold the tools that help to fashion tomorrow in our hands.  Say what? That's right; you heard me correctly. Why did I just make the above statement? It's simple, the children, whether they be sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, cousins or have no familial ties to us at all, learn from what they see around them. That means that they learn from you and me. They take their cue from us on how to make it through tough times and through this Christian life in general.

Some of you might say, "Oh me, I messed up on that one. That's okay; our God is forgiving. And we never will be good enough to justify the gift of love that the Lord sent us in Jesus, anyway. Yet, He still loves us. The above statement should carry us through and through.

Just start where you are today and let the children, wherever you come in contact with them, hear you talk about how the Lord will make a way and let your actions support your talk.

Be blessed and enjoy the video, if I can get it loaded. (Tee hee)

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

No comments: