Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Resilient Muscles of Steel and Ligaments of Stone

Good morning, all. Today, I thought that I would do something a tad different. What I have written below will be deep for some and a breeze for others. You will notice that the poem that I have written does not rhyme. I want you to make it rhyme. Now, now, hold on. It is somewhat of a challenge, but it is not impossible to do. You may change any of the words that you want to but keep the theme the same. Yes, that means that you have to determine what the theme is. Tee hee
I sneaked that one in on you, didn't I?

  1. I want you to tell me who is doing the talking in the poem and to whom are they speaking
  2. Expound upon each of the colored lines. That means that I want you to give me at least sixty words on each of the highlighted lines. A tall order, you say. Not really, just a small request. Tee hee hee Well! It has been a while since I asked you to do something of this magnitude, or maybe it hasn't, but the fact remains, "I want you to do this." I'm not going to change my mind, so go to it. Somebody is thinking, "Is she daft? What possible good can come out of what she is asking?" Well, at least I didn't ask you to put it in a certain poem format. And yes, Mr. or Mrs. deep thinker or budding deep thinker, I do have someplace that I am going with this assignment.
  3. Explain the title of this session and include the last line in your explanation(i.e., tell why the title is appropriate for this piece and make the last line of the poem an integral part of your explanation). That's all! Ha ha ha Now, now, now. None of that, mind you. Those are not nice things to think and definitely not nice to say. Tee hee 


Alright! Be blessed and remember to BYDWP!



As I travel on this journey of faith
YOU have developed in my spiritual body
Muscles, ligaments, and tendons that I did not know
Every mountain has been reduced to a molehill
Upon reflection; every chasm, but a small ravine
Every valley, a green glade; all of which
I grew thereby.

Standing and Still Steppin' While
Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

No comments: