Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Prepping for Orlando

Hello, all. Hope you are feeling and faring well today. I began my day with the sweetest and most sincere prayer to my Lord. Now, don't get me wrong, my prayers are always sincere. But my prayer this morning was wrapped in tender, supplicant, adoring, thankful love. If you have been praying for any length of time, you know that as your relationship with the Lord deepens, He will open the tenets of your understanding to where you can talk to Him in a fashion that is mind boggling in its simplistic beauty. There is nothing like that peaceful feeling that washes over you, is there?

Onward to Orlando!
Got my room reserved. Looking forward to the book display/signing. Making mental adjustments as I think through my strategy in dealing with the event, itself and all of the necessary prerequisites that go with it (i.e., getting all my ducks in a row). I know that it is almost a month away, but I am making preparations, nonetheless.

I know the date for this trip and I am excited, as I have already said. But, there is another trip that I am going to take one day (know not when), and am making preparations for and am as excited about it, as well. No, I am not talking about visiting the Grand Canyon nor any other place on this earth. As with the Orlando trip, my room is already reserved. All I have to do is get myself there. You know where I am talking about don't you? Of course, you do...

All of us are going to take that last trip one day, so let's make our preparations, hm-m-m?

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

One of these days
My packing will be o'er 
The conductor will stop at my house
To pick me up for a trip
To that other shore
And the rocky soil of this land
Will hear the patter of my feet no more
I will be gone to that land
That is full of joys galore
When I make my trip home
To walk in through gated heaven's door...
Just a sweet reminder of what we are working for.

Aside - I thought that I would give you a small thinking poem today. Let me know what you think and we will discuss it on my blog. No, I will not disclose your name unless you request me to do so, and only then if I think it is advisable.



No comments: