Monday, May 23, 2016

A Wonderful Dream

Hello, all! Here is a poem for your perusal. No this one is not in W.O.W. created w.o.w.

I had a wonderful dream
Of which "circumstances" said
Be careful; it might not be
What, to you, it seems.

"Reality" chimed in and cried
You must take your head out
Of the clouds and remember
What real life is all about.

You must keep your feet planted 
Dear, firmly on the ground
You must remember the heartache
You suffer whenever "faith" comes around
The advice she gives may be meant well
But, it just is not always sound.

Oh, here comes "hope", umph
Wonder what she will have to say
Probably something much like "faith"
Is what she is going to mention
But you must remember that they both
Will say anything to get your attention
But only you are left to live with the
Outcome at the end of the day.

Alright, I have had enough of your
Negativism and your seeds of doubt 
For "faith" and "hope" have propelled 
Me onward, when you others
Sat and sighed, "Oh well."

I have my dream and I'll hold on
Thank you very much
And if they pan out to be nothing but dross 
Then it is I who will have to live with
The agony of having loved a dream
And having to live with its loss.

And I would thank you all to remember
That "faith" and "hope" have been with me
And given me the wherewithal to move
Beyond my present situation and to "reach
For the stars, thereby landing among the trees."

I didn't listen to you as a child
And I won't listen to you now
And if I end up on my dying day, broken with
My dreams in a thousand pieces
At least I can say, I tried my best
Though the beating I took from such
As you, was anything but mild
And though you made me cry and
Wonder what I was doing wrong
I never let any of you keep me
From lifting my voice and singing my song!

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

Aside - Sold another ebook of my paranormal book last night. And we keep arolling... On to Orlando, we go!



No comments: