The book signing went well, yesterday. The reception to W.O.W. created w.o.w. was good. People, at first were skeptical, but after hearing that it contained stories as well as poetry, they were intrigued. This is the way it generally went:
- First thing to happen would be that people would gravitate to my table because of the cover of W.O.W. created w.o.w.
- Then the letdown to find that it was, "Oh, poetry." This was always said with a look of loathing or of polite disdain.
- But, when I explained that this book of poetry was different in that it contained poetry groups with short stories written to coincide with each group, interest was kindled.
- Then I gave a short synopsis of one of the stories within. Let me tell you, those folks were hanging on to my every word. I used the story telling voice that I had learned from my days of sitting at my Momma's knee and listening to her employ her craft to keep us, her children entertained (since we did not have a television in our home).
- Since I had sold some before I got to the book signing, I parted with a total of eleven of W.O.W. created w.o.w. and one of my Part 1's of my paranormal series, A Suspenseful Paranormal Event. Not bad at all, wouldn't you say?
Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Some snapshots for your perusal...
The green table is mine! I will have to tell you the story of color choice on another day.