Friday, March 4, 2016

Tallest Mt. 2


Good day, all. Posting very late today. I apologize. Life, again.
Right now, the tallest mountain in my world is my blog. That means you, dear reader, are a part of the mountain from which I shout. If your voice picks up the phrase, "The first poetry book that it is cool for poetry haters to love," then my work will sky rocket. Thereby, my message about my love for the Lord and His love for mankind, will be spread manyfold.


(FYI) Comments concerning W.O.W. created w.o.w.:
1. "You know what I fear
   That this book
   W.O.W. created w.o.w.
   Will set the poetry world
   On its ear!"

2. "Nobody likes poetry much"
   "Is that what you think, my dear
   Just you get your hands on a copy
   You'll change your mind; you hear!"

3. "Who is this 'Mrs. Ruby'
   And where did you learn about her - "
   "A lady in that book, "W.O.W. created w.o.w."
   And she is a character!"

4. "This book, you will buy out of curiosity, but you will keep out of love."
5. "An extraordinary work that English teachers will love, especially the vocabulary!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I reposted a bit from yesterday's blog for your ease of reference with regards to the questions that were asked.
Wow!
What did you say would
Be the latest rave
W.O.W. created w.o.w.
Poetry that even poetry 
Haters will crave!

Short stories within as well.

Tallest Mt.

Standing atop the tallest
Mountain in my world and
Yelling for all to hear
"Jesus is Lord!" and Friend to man.

For Pondering:
1. Define rave, crave. 
     rave - to speak or write about something with great enthusiasm or admiration
     crave - a powerful desire for something; be bent on; hanker after
2. What do you think the poet meant by the phrase, tallest mountain in my world?   
     The medium through which the most people could be reached is what the poet meant as is evidenced in the pink section above.
3. For the second poem, on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the greatest, what would you say the faith level of the writer is? Substantiate. You know, of course, that means that I want you to give me evidence from the poem to support your conclusion.     
     The writer's faith appears to be a ten. To call attention to ones faith in today's society takes some gumption because to do so sets one apart to be ostracized. The writer seems to not be bothered by the possibility of being a target for such ostracism.
4. What message is being sent by the first poem? What is the theme? Expound upon that, please.
     Message - new book in town that will take the town by storm. The message further seems to imply that even those who do not like poetry will be talking about this book. The message builds ones curiosity.
5. What is W.O.W. created w.o.w.? How does the poet feel about it? W.O.W. created w.o.w. is the poetry book mentioned on question 4. The poet clearly loves it and expects that the book will do well. I, however, submit that only time will tell.

To Ponder for Today:
A message came to me
On the edge of my sleep
The joyful contents of which
I think that I will keep
So about said message
From me, not a peep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Muse has been busy here of late
Spurred on by the hands of fate.

1. What is the theme of the first poem?
2. Can you detect a mood? How?
3. How does the writer feel about this poem? Substantiate, please.
4. What does, not a peep mean?
5. What does the phrase, on the edge mean in this poem?
6. What connotation do you give to the second poem? Expound, please.

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

No comments: