If I asked you what was the tallest mountain in the world, what would you say? I'm sure you would answer one of two mountains, either Mt. Everest or K 2, right? Uhm hum, well, take a look at the poems below and answer the couple of questions that follow.
What did you say would
Be the latest rave
W.O.W. created w.o.w.
Poetry that even poetry
Haters will crave!
Short stories within as well.
Standing atop the tallest
Mountain in my world and
Yelling for all to hear
"Jesus is Lord!" and Friend to man.
1. Define rave, crave.
2. What do you think the poet meant by the phrase, tallest mountain in my world?
3. For the second poem, on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the greatest, what would you say the faith level of the writer is? Substantiate. You know, of course, that means that I want you to give me evidence from the poem to support your conclusion.
4. What message is being sent by the first poem? What is the theme? Expound upon that, please.
5. What is W.O.W. created w.o.w.? How does the poet feel about it?
6. Can the first poem be tied to the second? Do that, please.
Doing What I Can, While I Can,