Sunday, March 6, 2016

Spring?

Good morning, all. Got up before the chickens to get my Sunday dinner done. After worship, all that I need to do is cook cornbread. A job satisfactorily done. That is what I want to hear at the end of my time here on earth when I stand before the Lord in the judgment, "Well done, Alma. Enter into the joys of the Lord."  Won't that be a grand day, folks? But, until then, we will keep pressing forward as we work our way down the row that we have been assigned to cultivate in the vineyard. And we will do it with joy, hm-m?
As always, begin your day with prayer (BYDWP).

Here is the little poem that I penned for you on yesterday. Enjoy figuring it out. There is more to it than the surface meaning, I assure you. Can you think of two different situations this poem could be referencing? Of course, I want you to explain your answer.

Cold is waning down
Thaw is approaching
As growth has begun
Blooming is next
Ah, Spring!

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

No comments: