Monday, March 7, 2016

Relief

Good morning, all. 
You know, when we have had a bad cold or the aching flu, there is nothing like that sweet relief we feel when it is over, gone and done, right? Uhm, hum-m, and we felt relief greater than that when we learned what to do to become a part of the Lord's family and had our sins forgiven, didn't we? Yet again, we feel that relief every time we are forgiven anew. We feel that confident assurance and hope that we have a home being prepared for us as we continue on with our daily lives while trying to be mindful of allowing His glory to come shining through, don't we? Uhm hum-m.

Well, along that same vein, the poem from yesterday speaks to us of relief. I will give you three different takes on the poem, aside from the obvious one of the season of spring. Okay?

Cold is waning down
Thaw is approaching
As growth has begun
Blooming is next
Ah, spring!

1st Take on Yesterday's Poem
Victim of Heartbreak 

My heart is encased in stone
Since my love left me alone
Another has come my way
But won't give them the time of day.

Hmph, what gives; on my
Mind more than I'd like to say
Flying in on my thoughts
When least expected
On any given day.

What is it about that person
That makes my stupid heart want to sing
Uh, love blossoming
Today?

2nd Take on Yesterday's Poem
Upon Being Ostracized 

3rd Take on Yesterday's Poem 
Survivor of Bad Cold

As you can see, I took the liberty of doing a poem to describe the 1st take on yesterday's poem. I just gave you the scenarios for takes two and three. You do poems on those two if you wish. But, you see how a little bit of poetry can spark the imagination to go places that you would never think of taking a simple prose piece to. That, my friend, is the beauty of poetry. If you choose to do so, you can have a mundane meaning on the surface of a poem but an intricately woven and hidden second meaning underneath. 
You don't have to do that, but I like the variety and spice in having that choice; you know?

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones 

In the poem from the first take, the speaker is relieved to know that someone else finds them desirable and gets a secret,  if untrusting relief, from that. Can you find what part of the poem I based my surmise upon?

No comments: