Sunday, March 20, 2016

March On - March


Hello, all. Did you have a lovely day?  I did!  Arose very early this morning and got my dinner finished. Traveled an hour away for worship. My peach cobbler, casserole, soup and cornbread were all hits. I just received confirmation of such. I did not get my critiques done last evening. I will be tidying up the kitchen and doing some critiquing in a little while.

The month of March is known for being changeable in the temperature zone where I live. Today was  typical March. Big snow flakes fell to the ground to form rings around parked cars. The snow was there long enough for us to ooh and ah about it. Then it stopped and melted. The March snow wet the streets and then quickly dried. This typical day just served to remind me that, though it is the first day of spring, the God that I serve is able to do anything that He wishes. He just speaks and it is so.

Because He is able and loves you He will be with you, just as He was with Gideon in the book of Judges, chapter 6 when He said, "Go warrior for I will be with you."  I paraphrased that, but that is the gist of it. Hear my word for the day: If you are building an army for the Lord (letting your light shine before men) , don't worry when troubles arise, and difficulties dog your footsteps. Just remember the God that you serve is able. Just as He was with Gideon, He will be with you, too. Lean on Him; pray to Him by thanking Him and making your requests known to Him. "Trust Him and lean not on your own understanding." Go with His plan for your life for He will make everything alright. Aren't you glad that He loves you? Me too!
 
 
Through all my "March" days
I will March on because I know
That my God is able to do above
All that I can wish or think
His is able is my battle standard
And I'll March under that banner
Even when I begin to sink
I will pray and cry, "Lord save me."
And I will wait for Him to make
My standing ground stable
As He shows me once again
That He is my God and Friend
And that He, JEHOVAH NISSI, is able.

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

No comments: