Saturday, March 26, 2016

He's Able, Y'all

Good morning! Good morning! I have been talking about the Lord being able to do anything, things that go beyond the imagination of man, things that defy logic, things that defy the laws of nature, things that upset the contrary plans of evil men, ultimately, things that stand up and say, "I AM!" He's able, folks. Like my Granny (Gran Gran) used to say, "He's able; I tried Him; I know the Man's alright; I declare He will make everything alright!"

You know it
You need Him
Admit it
He's able!


Y'all act like y'all don't hear me this morning! So I am going to say it a little bit louder.
Daddy walked off and left my Momma when I was five years old
But I made it
Who did it
God did it
Yes, He did
Oh yes, He did.

Left her to feed three children on 35 dollars a week
But I made it
Who did it
God did it
Yes, He did
Oh yes, He did.

First memories of a school was a cloak room where I (a five year old) was whipped with a willow switch because I had wet myself after my teacher refused to let me go to the restroom
But I made it
Who did it
God did it
Yes, He did
Oh yes, He did.

Last memories of a school were of me saying good bye to my last classroom at the end of a very successful teaching career
I made it
Who did it
God did it
Yes, He did
Oh yes, He did.

Having people put in my path who decided that they wanted to help me just because...
I made it
Who did it
God did it
Yes, He did
Oh yes, He did.

So if you think I have been talking too long about Him being able, you don't know me. I have to talk about Him because as I have told you before, "It's just like fire shut up in my bones!" If somebody is ashamed to tell the whole wide world what He has done for them, then that's their problem, but it show ain't mine. If you think that I am afraid to tell you that I know Him, then you don't know me. Obviously, we have not spent enough time together. But that's alright because I am going to talk about Him anyway.

One of these days, y'all, He's coming back like I told you on yesterday and like the Bible has said in numerous passages. I don't aim to be in that number that are wringing their hands and saying, "I wish I had." I'm going to be in that number that will shout for joy and say, "I'm so glad that I did!"

So don't even think, that I talk about His being able too much. How much is too much talk about the God that's gonna save your soul?

I'm done for the day but I'm not done telling the world that He is able and I won't be done until words have stilled on my tongue and the last whispery breaths of life have left my body. But o-o-h, wait a minute! My song will then begin anew.

I made it
Who did it
God did it
Yes, He did
Oh yes, He did.

I'm So Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones


No comments: