Tuesday, March 15, 2016

God Is Able 2 (Tues.)

 Hello, all. Daylight Savings Time has gotten me off of schedule a bit, so I apologize for the lateness of my post.

I will endeavor to get back to my practice of posting early.  I trust that all is going well for you and your family. Well, let's get to today's posting shall we?
 On yesterday, we began a series of lessons on the topic, "God is able."  That is a subject that every person that has been walking with the Lord any length of time ought to be able to talk about and be comfortable doing it.  However, if you cannot talk about it just yet, don't be alarmed. Just keep walking with Him and the day will come when you can talk about it easily. You see; there once was a time in my life when I was quiet. You chuckle because you might find that hard to believe. (tee hee) That's okay; it still grabs me from time to time with wonder, too. (smile)
 You may have figured out by now, that the "Baby" mentioned in Monday's (14th) blog was indeed a real toddler and was me. I have had several incidents such as that. The outcomes of the incidents are enough to open my quiet mouth and have me say that God is Able!
 My mother, rest her soul, used to tell me often that Something had been trying to get my attention all of my life. Guess what my blog readers? It has succeeded! I know that a two 1/2-year-old toddler would not typically fall off the side of a second story stair and land on her brother's back. The doctor, my momma, and my daddy all looked at me with wonder because they too were astounded that I survived that fall with no damage. I ask you this. Who put my brothers in that particular spot where they were busting walnuts on that given day? Who engineered my brothers back so that he could sustain a wallop such as a two and 1/2-year-old landing on his back and fixed it so that he suffered no ill effects from it? Some people might say that it was coincidence, but you and I know better. I have been living long enough to know that there are no coincidences in life. You too?
 Now, you know why I can, will and do stand on top of the highest mountain in my world and say," God is able!" Now you know why, when you get me engaged in a conversation about the Lord, I become a fountain that continually pours. You see, when the Lord has done things such as He has in my life, that gives me a testimony to other believers. That testimony helps to underscore the biblical track record that He established with the patriarchs, and to establish the fact that I have a track record with Him. You know what that says, folks? That says that He is still in the track record-setting business.
Why does He do all of this? He does it because He cares and He wants to carry us home with Him when He comes back.
 Now see; y'all have gotten me going, but I cannot be quiet about His love and His goodness. You know why, because He keeps proving that He is able over and over again. Now let me tie in a little of the poem that I reposted for you today and then I will be finished for now.
I asked you on Saturday, what the phrase meant, If all but the best songbirds kept their voices still meant. Long story short, it means that a song will capture and hold people’s attention longer than a just spoken word, so sing your story of the Lord’s glory. Even when the world, in its ignorance, laughs at you, because you know Jesus and His love, you keep singing your song. You never know who will pick up the tune. Hm-m-m! Those words just might make me do a poem or a lesson on them. You never know who will pick up the tune. Whew! I told you folks; God is able! Wow, here I was trying to write something to uplift and motivate you and got a powerful inspirational thought myself! Wow!
Last point on the poem, the explanation of the words, Jesus take the wheel is that all I am and ever hope to be is because of the Lord and in uttering these words, JTTW, that acknowledges to Him and to the world where my allegiance lies. My allegiance lies with the God, Who is able.
I close with the words of Ephesians 3:20.
KJV: Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us…

Since I have gotten older
My voice pops and cracks at will
But the forest would be mighty quiet
If all but the best songbirds
Kept their voices still.

I want somebody to see
That I keep going no matter if
I am laughed at and no matter
How people make me feel
Because I told the Lord a long time ago
Jesus, take the wheel.

And I'm not singing this song
Because I sound so good
But when I am gone, I just want somebody to say
She worked for Jesus while she could. 
Bible Read Up and Prayed Up
Alma Jones

No comments: