Wednesday, March 16, 2016

God Is Able 3 (Wed.)


Good morning, all. Yes! I am back on my regular schedule! Am very thankful for that. Hope that you and your family are faring well.

 We are working on a series of lessons on the topic of "God Is Able." Let's hop right into it and see what escapades Baby will get into today, shall we?

Baby was in the kitchen waiting for her favorite cousin to finish eating so they could go outside and play. While she waited, she thought about what they had been studying in school yesterday about batteries and electric currents between them. Her teacher had said that when you connected one dry cell battery to another one, you made a connecting current of electricity. Baby wondered what would happen if the electricity in the socket connected with the pin she had in her hand. She knew that the electricity could not go to her hand because she was not a battery. Still she wondered, "What would happen?"

(Blz-z-z-zt! Blam) The lights flickered and then the kitchen was pitched into complete darkness. "What happened?" one of the cousins said. Aunt Jackie came running into the kitchen with her extension cord, and she was yelling mad! "What the blue blazes happened in here!" The oldest cousin said, "We don't know! We were all standing in line to get our rice and tomato gravy when we heard a loud pop and a big bang and the lights went out. The other cousins all nodded their heads in quick unison. Aunt Jackie sent her son to get the flashlight. When he came back with it, Aunt Jackie shined the flashlight on the socket where the flash had come from. There was a collective gasp from all of the cousins and Aunt Jackie too. There in the socket was a big safety pin, and the socket was still smoking.  Another cousin said, "It was Baby. She put that big pin in that socket because I saw her with it!" The cousins were glad to tell on Baby because they saw their momma, Baby's Aunt Jackie twirling the extension cord round and round like she was just itching to whip somebody.
Aunt Jackie snatched Baby into the hall and yelled and said, "What'd you put that pin in my socket for, you little dickens you?" Before Baby could answer, Aunt Jackie took a step toward her and looked at her fingers. Then Aunt Jackie dropped the extension cord. There on Baby's two middle fingers of her left hand were two long brown pin shaped marks! Aunt Jackie said, "Are you alright?" She asked Baby if anything ran up her arm when she put the pin in the socket. Baby, who was crying, said that she didn't know. Then Aunt Jackie poked her in the chest and stated that she was going to tell her momma on her. But Aunt Jackie did not whip Baby because the last time that she had, Baby, who was a toddler, had run away. Aunt Jackie knew that she had better not lay a hand on Baby, and she didn't, either. All she kept saying was, "Just wait til I tell your momma. She is going to whip your __________!"

Then all of the cousins started acting like they did not like Baby and did not want her around. Her Aunt Jackie made her come out of the kitchen. Even her favorite cousin was acting mad at her. So Baby came out of the kitchen hallway and sat on the floor in the next room. Aunt Jackie looked at her and "humphed" under her breath and went on back to the front room. Baby cried for a little bit then got up and went out of the back door, downstairs to their own apartment to wait for Momma to come home. Baby cleaned up the house, too. She still cried when she looked at her fingers and wondered what Momma was going to do to her. She sat down and cried for her Daddy, but he did not come. (In fact, her Daddy would never come home again, but Baby didn't know that then.)
Well so much for another of Baby's escapades. Whew, once again we see and know that God is able.
 And Momma, did she whip Baby? Did Baby learn her lesson? What would you have done if Baby had been your little girl? Would you have done like Aunt Jackie and come out with the extension cord swinging?

You know, when you have been subjected to the inexplicable, you develop the pressing need or desire for deep thinking. I have often wondered, "Why me?" When I think about the caliber of people that He has kept down through the ages and then I think about me, I am baffled. I know that I am not in the category with Jesus and Moses and Elisha and David and Joseph. I know that I am not in the same category as Mary, Sarah, Rebecca, Ruth, and Hannah. So yes, I wonder and ponder deeply, at times, "Why me?" I wonder what in the world He sees in me. I know me; I know my faults, so I ponder.

When I dig deeply and think about my teaching career, I think that maybe I touched the life of a special child and that maybe my purpose has been fulfilled. Then I think to myself, "Well if my purpose has been fulfilled, I don't know it. Wouldn't I feel something differently if I had fulfilled my purpose?" Then I remember two of the three verses that I call mine from the Bible. (Now, as you prayerfully read your Bible daily, you too, will come across verses that you will pick out as yours, but these next two are mine.) The verses that speak to my inner self are 
Isaiah 55:8-9New King James Version (NKJV)

8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
and


1 Samuel 16:7New American Standard Bible (NASB)


7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Listen to me folks and hear me when I say, "Anyone that the Lord has a plan for, despite the enemy, and despite your pondering, He keeps!" This "Baby" can say, "Because I serve a God, Who is able, I've Been Brought A Long Way."

Now that you have read the quick story insert at the beginning of this piece, you can better relate to the following poem of mine. Read, enjoy, ponder, be amazed and leave to continue or begin to serve. What does Baby say? She says, "I have sung my song, and I hope that you catch the tune, for our God is able!" Surely!


 

When I was a little girl
I was very curious
When my mother found out
I had stuck a pin in a socket
She was furious!
 
We had studied about batteries and electricity
At school that day and since I knew it (electricity) would not
Travel through me, I wanted to see
What effect sticking a pin in a socket
Would have, if any, on me.

...Have lost that desire to see what will be
At least, when it come to electricity
 
Yet, despite my foolishness
And because of His plans for me
He kept me.

 So when things in life
Get rough for you
Remember to do what God told you to
Always pray and always give thanks
And keep your place in his warriors' ranks.
And HE will keep you
Because He is able.



Prayed Up and Bible Read Up and Continuing on by
Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

 Aside - I told you on yesterday that my attention has been gotten. I don't know why me but I do know that because of this, Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us…, I serve Him.

Aside 2 - Now, you know a little bit more about my "why."

Aside 3 - Oh, I neglected to tell on yesterday that the brother on whose back Baby fell was a 7-month premature baby. Yet that back had grown inside a 5-year-old boy and withstood the impact of a toddler falling on it! Just thought I would add another piece to the puzzle for you.

Aside 4 - Oh, the pin in the socket? It was fused tightly. Even when the workers came to cut the electicicty off and remove the pin, they could not get it out! They had to cut the metal pipe that housed the wires and put in a whole new socket! That pin and socket should have been in somebody's museum someplace, I vow.

No comments: