Thursday, January 7, 2016

I Don't Know About You


He never tires of showing
His love for you & me
I'm going to give Him a great big
Hug, when I get to eternity
If allowed by powers that be.

I don't know about you
But I can tell you about me
I'm gonna be saying, "Thank You"
Among the other things I do.

I won't go running around
Like I don't have any sense
But I'm gon put on my skipping shoes
And I'm gonna be pickin' 'em up 
and puttin' 'em down!

Hey! Yes you! How are you doing this fine morning? Naw, naw, naw! No grumpiness nor grouchiness today. We have a home being prepared and we are on our way.  You and I are just travelers here, you know. We have a better land to which we can go! So, I took the liberty of placing us, through imagination, there. This poetry meter of mine is still running mighty strong, so though I am trying to do prose, I fear it won't be long before I take off skipping yet again, singing Come and Go to That Land and for Jesus, souls, to try to win.

That's it; it seems that poetry has won out
That I have a penchant for rhyming
Of that there is no doubt
So, I'll end my blog and go to the questions
This poetry writer is out!

Questions for pondering:
1. What part do you think the picture had in giving the writer food for thought?
2. What is meant by the phrase, "pickin' 'em up 
and puttin' 'em down!"?
3. How does the speaker feel about heaven? Substantiate your answer.

Doing What I Can, While I Can While Waiting on Ultimately
Alma Jones

Aside - When this life gets to be a bit much
And you find it hard to smile
Just remember that you have a new home
Waiting for you at the
End of this weary mile.



No comments: